What are positive affirmations? To put it simply, affirmations are short sentences that offer a positive message. The idea is to speak these messages to ourselves, and repeat them regularly, until they start to affect our subconscious and eventually become reality.
It’s so easy to get caught up in negative thoughts—especially about ourselves.
“I’m not smart enough. I’m not lovable. I’m not beautiful. I’m not worthy. I’ll never be good at this or that. The life I want is unobtainable. Things never go my way…”
These thoughts can quickly turn into self-fulfilling prophecies, and just like that, they become our reality. We lose energy. We lack confidence. We don’t like what we see in the mirror. We hit roadblocks. Things don’t go our way.
Sound familiar? You’re not alone, my friend!
What Are The Benefits Of Affirmations?
Positive affirmations (also called mantras) are a powerful way to not only combat that negative self-talk, but to raise your vibration and start manifesting the things you want in life.
Several studies have shown the benefits of positive affirmations, including neuroscientific research. Daily positive affirmations have been found to decrease stress and health problems, help people be more open to change, positively impact academic performance, increase resiliency in the face of difficulties, alleviate defensiveness...the list goes on.
Not to mention helping you love yourself and manifest the things you desire in life!
How To Use Affirmations
When it comes to affirmations, the most important thing is to make it a regular practice. Preferably daily.
Like building any new habit, this can take time. Try to make it a part of your daily routine, whether it’s first thing when you wake up in the morning, while you get ready, or before you go to bed each night. Really stick to your affirmations for 21 days—that’s how long experts say it typically takes to form a habit.
Some people like to look in a mirror while they repeat their affirmations, especially for self-love affirmations. However, you are free to connect with your affirmation anywhere, at any time. Some people like to write them down somewhere where they can see as a reminder. You don’t even need to say it out loud, although it’s recommended if you’re able to.
Using a mala can also help you make affirmations a regular practice with a positive long-term impact.
Using A Mala For Affirmations
Malas are pieces of jewelry, typically a necklace but sometimes a bracelet, made with mala beads and traditionally used in meditation, mindfulness practices and prayer.
Malas are often used to help reconnect with a personal intention. Some people count the beads with their fingers as they repeat an affirmation or mantra. Some use the mala as a reminder to reconnect with their intention, or repeat an affirmation, whenever they see it.
Think of it as tying a string around your finger, helping to remind you of something important. In this case, it can also help you make positive affirmations a habit, raise your vibration, and ultimately bring you more joy in life. And who doesn’t want that?
Ultimate List of Positive Affirmations
Affirmations can be whatever you want, but here are some ideas to help you get started. You can repeat the same affirmation daily, or different ones based on what you need that day.
- I am loved
- I am enough
- I am worthy
- I am talented
- I am intelligent
- I am beautiful, inside and out
- What I’m searching for is within me
- I love the person I am becoming
- I accept and love myself as I am
- I deserve love and respect
- I appreciate my body and the amazing things it can do
- I deserve to take up space
- I will not apologize for being myself
- I am learning to fall in love with myself/my body
- I am doing the best I can, and that’s enough
- I have amazing things to offer this world
- I choose to care for myself
- My value is defined by myself, not others
- I am unique, and I love the experience of being me
- I’m proud of myself and what I have achieved
- I am becoming more confident every day
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to
- I am strong. I am courageous. I will stand up for myself
- I breathe in confidence and exhale fear
- I am becoming the best version of myself
- I do not need validation from others
- I give and receive love freely
- I attract people who help me grow
- I am worthy of love
- My heart is always open and ready for love
- I radiate love
- Everywhere I go, I find love
- I am constantly surrounded by love
- Love follows me everywhere I go
- My relationships are loving, safe, and fulfilling
- I receive love in abundance
- I deserve to be fully loved
Money Affirmations; Abundance Affirmations
- My time is valuable
- My skills are valuable
- My talents are worthy of being paid
- Money flows easily to me
- I am worthy of having what I need
- I make money doing what I love
- I attract wealth and abundance
- Prosperous opportunities always come to me
- I am a magnet for abundance
- I offer something of great value
- I am open and ready to receive money
- I attract money easily and effortlessly
Affirmations For Success
- Endless possibilities await me
- I am successful
- The universe is on my side
- Everything is always working out for me
- I have the power to create change
- I embrace change
- I will overcome any challenge that comes my way
- My potential for success is infinite
- My actions bring me closer to my goals
- I am successful in everything I do
- I am worthy of my dreams
Positive Affirmations For Anxiety
- I am in control of my emotions
- I am letting go of today’s stress
- I allow my body to relax, my tension is melting away
- I let go of worry and fear
- I am safe
- I have survived before, and I will survive again
- I can get through this
- I accept things I cannot control
- I am not defined by my mistakes. I am doing my best
- I am stronger than this feeling
- My emotions are safe here
- This feeling will pass
- My anxiety does not control me
- I deserve my own forgiveness
- I deserve to give myself grace
- I inhale calm, and exhale tension
- I have enough. I do enough. I am enough
- I am grateful for who I am
- I am grateful for all that I have
- I am grateful for another chance to make my life better today
- I am grateful for all the amazing people in my life
- I am grateful for my strong, healthy body
- I thank the universe for giving me what I need
- Today, I will be kind to myself and others
- Good things are coming to me today
- I will not worry about things that I cannot control
- Today, I choose happiness
- Today, I choose to love myself
- I look forward to what today brings
- I release the day
- I did my best today
- I am thankful for today and look forward to tomorrow
- I am comfortable and at peace
- I am calm
- My tension is melting away
- Peace and calm is all around me
- I breathe in peace, and breathe out tension
- I easily fall into a restful sleep
- My mind and body are ready for sleep
- I am becoming more relaxed with every breath
- I find stillness within me
- I am exactly where I need to be
- I deserve to rest
- I close this day with joy and gratitude
- I am thankful for the chance to rest
I hope you find these affirmations helpful in finding self-love and building the life you deserve! Feel free to use these mantras as inspiration, and to create your own affirmations as your practice evolves over time.
If you’re interested in using a mala to help you make daily positive affirmations a regular practice, shop my collection of handmade malas. Each is made with love!